Tire Machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Machine?

Anybody have or have access to a tire machine? I have nine to dismount and seven to mount. I can do the work, just need the machine!

Thanks!
    1999 TJ Sahara

4" springs (1" body lift on the way); 35" Pro Comp MT (not installed yet); ARB air lockers with 4.56 Yukon gears and VIAIR compressor; 9,500lb; Warn winch; Warn bumpers; Teraflex front control arms; Currie rear control arms; ZJ Steering parts; Rough Country adjustable track bars; Custom bodywork by rollover and dead blow hammer
    Multiple cylinder misfire

SYE and DC on the to-do list...

I've been looking for one just haven't come across the right deal yet.
    1981 CJ-7 350 SBC Fitech Go EFI TBI, T350 trans
    Dana 300 t-case twin sticked
    AMC 20 rear end with a Detriot,
    Dana 30 front (Hobart Locked)
    H1 Hummer steering box swap
    Sams offroad steering brace
    Custom built rock sliders
    White Rhino Fab flat fenders
    KOZ offroad rear cage with a Mojo Tops shade top
    Waggy leafs front and rear Stretched 4 inches
    on 35's for now..

"I only camp to wheel" Charles Pipes

Comment

Originally posted by Knighttime85 View Post
      I've been looking for one just haven't come across the right deal yet.
      Yeah, there was a rim clamp machine that popped up on Craigslist for $400 (needed some repair) but it disappeared pretty dang quick.
      1999 TJ Sahara

4" springs (1" body lift on the way); 35" Pro Comp MT (not installed yet); ARB air lockers with 4.56 Yukon gears and VIAIR compressor; 9,500lb; Warn winch; Warn bumpers; Teraflex front control arms; Currie rear control arms; ZJ Steering parts; Rough Country adjustable track bars; Custom bodywork by rollover and dead blow hammer

Comment

If you can't find one, just go to a tire shop. It won't cost too much.

Comment

To dismount 9 tires and mount and balance 7? I think you and I have different opinions on what is "not too much". Lol. Most tire shops charge $15 to $25 to mount and balance one tire.
          Last edited by M35A2; 03-21-2019, 07:01 AM.
          1999 TJ Sahara

Comment

My son took 6 wheels to swap around tires to a little hole in the wall in Longview last week. Cost him $65 for all 6.
            - 1988 XJ Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.

- 1990 XJ Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!

- 1996 XJ Sport - It's red. What else can I say?

- 1997 XJ Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

- 1998 XJ Limited - Cheap and leathery.

Comment

Originally posted by sjlplat View Post
              My son took 6 wheels to swap around tires to a little hole in the wall in Longview last week. Cost him $65 for all 6.
              Nice. What's the name of that shop?
              1999 TJ Sahara

Comment

• sjlplat
                sjlplat commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll find out and post it up.

• sjlplat
                sjlplat commented
                Editing a comment
                He says he thinks it was called Victor's.

• M35A2
                M35A2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool, thanks!

It's all about finding the right shop. Have been quoted $20 each at Jimmy Brown's in Tyler. Of course they can't thread a oil filter on without cross threading it, so they're not getting my business. Have been using Tire Barn in Tyler, I'll call them and ask, got a few I need to have mounted up as well.

There was a fairly built TJ that belonged to a guy that worked at Discount Tire on S. Broadway before they moved. He was never interested in the group, even though I left a few cards for him.

98 XJ 4.5" lift on 33s. bumper w/ 10K winch, lights
              locked front and rear
              cowl intake, CB and a lot of skinny pedal

Comment

• M35A2
                M35A2 commented
                Editing a comment
                $20 each is about the going rate. I'm really not trying to spend a couple hundo on mounting and balancing. I'll check out Tire Barn. There's a little shop on 155 that I may stop and talk to, as well.
                Last edited by M35A2; 03-29-2019, 08:44 AM.

I don't know anyone in Tyler, but in Nacogdoches the "Latino" side of town always has the best rates.
              2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ), Laredo 4.0
              4.5" Frankenstein Short Arm lift, Rusty ADJ CA's, trussed Waggy 44 Front & 44HD Rear; 35x12.50 Hercules M/T mounted on Micky Thompson Classic Lock II 17x9

Comment

Working...
              X