Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark Adventure Trail March 18th-21st 2021

https://youtu.be/Y2thnzV5rYU

Hello East Texas Jeep Club Members, we would like to start getting a head count of who is planning to attend this new trail run we are calling Ozark Adventure Trail. This will be two nights camping on the trail (three if you come the night before) and heading back home on Sunday morning. If CDC recommendations don’t change then we are limited to ten people that can be at a single campsite.

Dispersed Camping Guidelines

Ozark-St. Francis National Forests - Camping & Cabins

Below are a few rules for camping with ETXJC. Read them!

Bring trash bags for all trash disposal and make sure they are strong enough to make it out of the trail.

DO NOT BURN ANY PLASTICS, ALUMINUM CANS, STYROFOAM, OR BOTTLES IN CAMPFIRES

Going to the Bathroom in the Woods

There will be no bathrooms and no outhouses. That means extra care has to be taken in disposing of human waste. To dispose of feces, dig a hole six (6) inches deep at least 100 feet away from any water source (and camp). When you are done,fill the hole with the dirt you dug up. Never defecate or leave toilet paper on top of the ground. It could easily get into the local water source and contaminate it.

There is another solution to digging a hole, which in my opinion is cleaner, simpler, and more comfortable than digging a hole. It's called a wag bag. It's specially designed to be placed in a 5 gallon bucket and has a dual bag design to keep odor in. They have a special gelling enzyme powder in them to gell the waste and turn it into a eco-friendly, dumpster friendly substance.

Going # 1 & 2 in the Forest

Ozark-St. Francis National Forests - Camping & Cabins

We will be in National Forest, here are some rules:
    • When we are in the National Forest we can camp anywhere along the trail we wish without any permits
    • We are not allowed to bring firewood because they want us to use any downed wood we find to make our campfires and help cleanup the deadwood
    • STAY OFF PRIVATE LAND, which will be denoted by fences or purple bands on trees
    • Do not block any closed gates when we stop to camp
    • Fires are allowed but we need to follow fire safety procedures
    • Leave no trace!!!
    • We can cut down or cut up trees that have fallen blocking the trail at our own risk
    • We cannot camp in wilderness areas, which includes the Richland Creek Wilderness area and East Fork Wilderness area.

Keep In Mind:

-This is a PAID Members only run.

-This trail, while not overly difficult, does have areas that can be difficult. Make sure your Jeep is in proper working order to handle this.

-I will be leading a "water fording" verbal tutorial at the trail head.

-Highly recommend raising your axle breather hoses to a higher area than the stock location. Especially if you are stock or near stock height.

-This trail will go through some un-maintained areas. Meaning, there is an unknown factor to this trail (i.e. washouts, erosion, high water levels). Those attending need to be prepared for the unexpected. Getting a tow truck to this area would be near impossible in some places.

-There are no showers, bathrooms, restaurants, etc. Attendees, please prepare yourself for a three day wilderness camping experience.

-CB Radio is highly recommended.

Thursday March 18th :

Driving day 325ish miles from East Texas to the campsite on the east side of the Forest on Forest Service Road 1701B @ Walkingstick Ridge. 35.75840, -94.07051. Plan will be to leave Tyler area mid morning to arrive at camp around 4-5pm.

Friday March 19th :

Our first day of riding is roughly 45 miles of trails through Frog Bayou to Frog Bayou Falls and over towards Wolf Pen Recreation Area for camp on night 2. Day one will be were we see more PINSTRIPES and the technical trails.

Saturday March 20th :

Day 2 of riding will be roughly 59 miles.

Our second day brunch and fuel will be at Oark General Store

Oark General Store

Then we’ll be off to Spurgeon Warren Cabin a PRIVATELY owned piece of history, so make sure not mess with things. It is okay to go inside and look/take photos but do not sit down or disturb anything. From there we’ll travel to Union Schoolhouse and beyond through the well know Carwash Falls arriving at camp shortly after for night 3

Sunday March 21st :

Driving day home 375 miles back to East Texas

Members planned to go on the OAT:
    1) mchoppe & family
    2) runnoft +1
    3) shane-jkru
    4) Chris - cde
    5) Ricky - Tinman
    Last edited by Oscar03TJ; 01-10-2021, 06:45 PM.
    03 TJ X 4.0l std 3.5” Rock Krawler lift w/ adj short arms, 1.25" body lift, QD sway bar links. Rubicon Express trac bars. 1.5" wheel spacers w/ factory 15x8 w/35x12.5R15 BFGs KM2 M/Ts. Custom built rear bumper & tire swing. Poison Spyder ft bumper, Rock Sliders, & Hood Louvers, Drake hood latches, D44s w/ factory lockers w/4.88 gears Synergy Mfg sleeves, C-guests, & OTK steering using JCR & Ruff Stuff Specialties 1 ton steering, rebuilt NP231 w/ 2low kit, JB Conversions wide chain kit, & SYE kit

03 TJ X 4.0l std 3.5” Rock Krawler lift w/ adj short arms, 1.25" body lift, QD sway bar links. Rubicon Express trac bars. 1.5" wheel spacers w/ factory 15x8 w/35x12.5R15 BFGs KM2 M/Ts. Custom built rear bumper & tire swing. Poison Spyder ft bumper, Rock Sliders, & Hood Louvers, Drake hood latches, D44s w/ factory lockers w/4.88 gears Synergy Mfg sleeves, C-guests, & OTK steering using JCR & Ruff Stuff Specialties 1 ton steering, rebuilt NP231 w/ 2low kit, JB Conversions wide chain kit, & SYE kit

Comment

I'll be there...with family.

Comment

Joey and I will be there

Comment

I'm in for this one!
          2017 JKU Rubicon, 2.5" Lift, Fox 2.0 shocks, 10K Winch, 35" Milestar Patagonia MT, Poison Spyder Differential Cover, HD Tire carrier, Rock Crawler front Bumper, SPOD, Led Lights, DV8 Rock Sliders.....to be continued.

Comment

Pencil me in. I need motivation to get the TJ back on the road.
            2004 Solar Yellow TJ : *Bad Shift Solenoid
            3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

1998 Flame Red XJ Limited: *A Black Hole for Coolant
            SkyJacker 3" front lift springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, and adjustable track bar. Rubicon Express 3.5" rear leaf packs. 265/75/16 BFG A/T on TJ Moab Wheels

Comment

I will be there also

Comment

who is going from the lufkin/Nac area? I would like to meet somewhere and travel together if possible.

Comment

• MCHoppe
                  MCHoppe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in Tyler also. What time are you guys looking to head out?

• Oscar03TJ
                  Oscar03TJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MCHoppe at this moment I plan to leave around 9 in the morning. Puts up there around 3-4pm giving us time for issues and lunch.

• MCHoppe
                  MCHoppe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll let you know beforehand if I can meet up with you guys at 9am. Thanks.

What time are you planning on meeting and we might be able to catch up somewhere along the way

Comment

• Oscar03TJ
                  Oscar03TJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If we leave @ 9 like I would like to we would be in Linden about 10:30.
              Working...
              X