Outside Jeep Interests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside Jeep Interests

wondering besides our love of all things Jeep...what other interests do y’all have?

My son and I love to bowl, play laser tag, camp & hike and go to the gun range. He wants to hunt but I’ve never been, we are working that out. We also love to be in the water during the summer.
    Last edited by cricket69; 04-10-2018, 10:29 PM.
    2012 Unlimited Sport, front & rear Dana 44s with lockers. 3” synergy lift w/rock krawler mid arms and trac bars. Rancho 9000 shocks 35” KM2s on 18” vetch warrior rims. Floor is bed lined. 8,000 lb winch. 52” led light bar. (all customizations courtesy of my ex)

My daily driver is a Prius (don’t laugh, I commute to Dallas)

brew beer, golf, lake in the summer, shoot guns, anything outside.

there's some public type 2 hunting land up by the Sabine river if you don't have access to anything else. Leases are usually signed by now for fall and winter but you may be able to find something with a little digging.
    98 XJ 4.5" lift on 33s. bumper w/ 10K winch, lights
    locked front and rear
    cowl intake, CB and a lot of skinny pedal

Comment

Originally posted by denverd1 View Post
      brew beer, golf, lake in the summer, shoot guns, anything outside.

there's some public type 2 hunting land up by the Sabine river if you don't have access to anything else. Leases are usually signed by now for fall and winter but you may be able to find something with a little digging.
      denverd1 oh thanks for that information I will have to check up on that.
      2012 Unlimited Sport, front & rear Dana 44s with lockers. 3” synergy lift w/rock krawler mid arms and trac bars. Rancho 9000 shocks 35” KM2s on 18” vetch warrior rims. Floor is bed lined. 8,000 lb winch. 52” led light bar. (all customizations courtesy of my ex)

Comment

3 expensive hobbies in no specific order.
        Jeep
        Motorcycle
        Guns
        2016 Wrangler 2 Door Willys
        Current Mods: Daystar Hood Wranglers, Cobra 29 LTD, MetalCloak 2.5" Dual Rate Springs, Fox IFP Shocks, Rock Krawler Adjustable Control Arms & Bumpstops, Currie AntiRock Front, Teraflex Front & Rear Trackbar, Synergy 1.75" Wheel Spacers, Teraflex tire carrier, 295/70/17 General Grabber X3

On Order:
        Rock Hard Crossmember and Oil/Trans Skid

Comment

Originally posted by RoRo72 View Post
          3 expensive hobbies in no specific order.
          Jeep
          Motorcycle
          Guns
          RoRo72 yes those are three expensive hobbies ha ha

Comment

I enjoy spending time with my son, camping, hiking, riding motorcycles (dirt and street), & shooting guns. I was also the resident DJ for a night club here in town for a few years and still moonlight there at least once a month (fun way to help pay for the Jeep bills).
            2004 TJ :
            3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

Comment

Originally posted by CDE View Post
              I enjoy spending time with my son, camping, hiking, riding motorcycles (dirt and street), & shooting guns. I was also the resident DJ for a night club here in town for a few years and still moonlight there at least once a month (fun way to help pay for the Jeep bills).
              CDE wow a DJ that sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

I'm pretty much a homebody. When I'm not working, I have a wide variety of interests and quasi-hobbies.
                • Gun collecting
                • Everything PC-related (repair, building, tinkering, crypto-currency mining, gaming etc.)
                • Software development & data mining (I built http://www.ua-tracker.com to mine data back in 2007, and it's still going strong.)
                • Investing (I started when I was 16)
                • Landscaping (though I'm admittedly horrible at it)
                Here's me in all my geekiness. Picture courtesy of my wife.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Me @ Home.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	7911
                - 1988 XJ Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.

- 1990 XJ Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!

- 1994 XJ Base 2-door - Where'd the other doors go?

- 1996 XJ Sport - It's red. What else can I say?

- 1997 XJ Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

- 1998 XJ Limited - Cheap and leathery.

Comment

Fly fishing and Photography. I'm retired so !!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrambler84 View Post
                    There’s nothing wrong with retirement 😝

Comment

Originally posted by Scrambler84 View Post
                      Recently got hooked with fly fishing. Wish I have that much free time.

Comment

Where ya located at I'm new to Nacogdoches TX area and finding where to fish / Flyfishing when ya got time if ya wanna try to get together throw some lines!!

Comment

Working...
                        X