Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mopar 2" Suspension Lift Kit (77070088AC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar 2" Suspension Lift Kit (77070088AC)

Hello all,

I am seriously considering purchasing the 2" Mopar lift kit this week, but I was curious if you guys think it is worth buying the Double Cardin front driveshaft with the kit.

Please see the attached link. What do you guys think? Is the driveshaft worth the extra cost or is the lift kit all I need? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Order this Mopar 2" Suspension Lift Kit with a Front Driveshaft and FOX Shocks for your 2012-2017 4-Door Jeep JK Wrangler from CJ Pony Parts today! This premium quality JK lift kit includes front and rear FOX shocks and a Double Cardin front driveshaft.
    2017 Wrangler JKU Big Bear
    Armor: Smittybilt SRC Gen2 Front Bumper, Barricade Rock Sliders
    Winch: Warn ZEON Platinum 10-S Winch with Spydura Synthetic Rope
    Lift: 2.5" Pro-Comp Lift w/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks
    Lighting: Rough Country 3" Wide Angle OSRAM LED Lights, Rough Country 12-inch Cree LED Light Bar (Dual Row | Black Series w/ DRL)
    CB Radio: Cobra 75 WX ST and Firestik FireFly antenna

The factory CV style shafts will last in stock trim. One lifted it well significantly reduced the life of the joint. Not everyone upgrades as soon as they lift but several are upgrading before the inevitable failure.
    1997 TJ. Mostly Stock with a couple bolt on's!

"My jeep practically drives its self"
    "Just Bump It"

Comment

Originally posted by ZacT View Post
      The factory CV style shafts will last in stock trim. One lifted it well significantly reduced the life of the joint. Not everyone upgrades as soon as they lift but several are upgrading before the inevitable failure.
      Good to know ZacT. Thank you for your input. So what I hear you saying is that, once lifted, the stock joint will eventually fail so it is best to just bite the bullet and upgrade the driveshaft at the same time. Correct?

Also, I hate to ask so many questions at one time, but:
      1) The 2" Mopar lift has good reviews from everywhere that sells it. Does any one have direct experience with it that can confirm or refute that it is worth the money?
      2) Does anyone know of someone they trust to perform the installation in either Tyler, Palestine, or Athens (or surrounding area)? I tried Auto Science in Athens based on a recommendation, but I can never get anyone to answer the phone.
      Lighting: Rough Country 3" Wide Angle OSRAM LED Lights, Rough Country 12-inch Cree LED Light Bar (Dual Row | Black Series w/ DRL)

Comment

With the 2” lift the angle will not be to severe but I would always recommend and quality aftermarket driveshaft designed for the increased angle. The up side of aftermarket with u joints they are serviceable and easy to rebuild with a few tools. With that said the factory driveshaft could last you 100k miles or 20k it all depends on the application.
        1997 TJ. Mostly Stock with a couple bolt on's!

"My jeep practically drives its self"
        "Just Bump It"

Comment

Alright - here is an update. I just got my Jeep back today from Youngblood's Garage in Tyler. Jeff at Youngblood's put on a 2" Pro-Comp lift, but used Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks. I have to admit, I was leery of a Pro-Comp lift because of some of the other threads here in the forum that were having issues with a stiff and/or bumpy ride. I expressed my concerns to Jeff before he installed the lift and he said the upgraded shocks would make all the difference.

First, the lift is exactly what I wanted from a looks standpoint and more importantly, from an "on the trail" standpoint (i.e. clearance, ride, approach and exit angles, etc.). Second, the ride is now superior to the factory suspension and leans towards the 2018 JL's plush ride. It's not as good as the JL simply because of the JL's improved geometry, but dang it rides *good* now! I am super happy (Thanks for an awesome birthday present honey!!!)

I will post before and after pictures...

Comment

Front clearance before lift - 4.25" (this is mainly due to the weight of my winch and front bumper!)
            Front clearance after lift - 8.5"
            A difference of 4.25"!
            I also had him add front levelers in order to compensate for the bumper and winch weight.

Comment

Rear clearance before lift - 5.5"
              Rear clearance after lift - 8"
              A difference of 2.5"!

Comment

I did not change out the driveshaft. He said that they typically do not do the driveshaft for the 2" lifts. However, he was not opposed to taking my money if I wanted to go ahead and do it. I will most likely upgrade it in the future, but I have so many other things I want to spend money on right now!

Comment

• sjlplat
                  sjlplat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't know about the JK's, but YJs and XJs don't suffer from poor drive line angles until you approach 3" and higher lifts. Sounds like the JK may be similar. If you experience any vibrations, then it might be time to visit that option.

Looking good! Time for some 40's!
                2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ), Laredo 4.0
                4.5" Frankenstein Short Arm lift, Rusty ADJ CA's, trussed Waggy 44 Front & 44HD Rear; 315/70:17 Patagonia M/T mounted on Micky Thompson Classic Lock II 17x9

Comment

Originally posted by WJ_Guy View Post
                  Looking good! Time for some 40's!
                  40's! Oh man, 35's are as big as I am going.
                  Last edited by Grauler; 06-19-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• WJ_Guy
                    WJ_Guy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, that's what I said, but 37's sure do sound nice right about now.

You will love those Fox 2.0 shocks. One of the best purchases I've made so far.
                  2004 TJ :
                  3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                    X