Help! My Jeep leans.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My Jeep leans.

I just installed a Rubicon Express 5-1/5" lift and now my Jeep is 1" higher on the driver side. Both coils are sitting in the buckets correctly and I've driven it around and it didn't settle. Before I call Rubicon Express would anyone like to help diagnose the problem. I'm in Tyler. You can either come to my house or I can come to you or I'm open to any suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Whole driver side or just one corner higher?
    Was there any lift on previously?

Comment

I just checked. 5/8" high at the driver side rear and 1" high at the driver side front.
      Yes. There was a crappy 4" Rough Country.

Comment

Have you cycled the suspension? Any binding?
        • '88 Cherokee Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.
        • '90 Cherokee Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!
        • '97 Cherokee Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

Comment

I did a quick Google search. Apparently not all that uncommon on a JK. There are a few things mentioned in the post below that you can check. I've also read where someone disconnected the rear sway bar and it evened out so they went and bought adjustable sway bar links... though I'm not sure what to think about that. Hope you figure it out.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/modifi...#/topics/53291
          2004 Wrangler TJ - "Zom-Bee"

Comment

Thanks Guys. I've put 10 or 20 miles on it and it has settled a little but still about 5/8" off. I would normally say that's not enough to worry about but you can see it. I will try to flex it this weekend and see if that helps.

Comment

I have a Metalcloak lift and mine leans right also. We worked on several at the shop and they all leaned.
              2016 JKU Rubicon Hardrock
              3.5 MetalCloak game changer ARB edition
              35" BFG KM2
              17x9 Mayhem Monstir wheels

Comment

Any update, OP? Did you check all the springs if they are seated correctly?

Comment

I would suggest some Fall Guys style jumps to get everything to settle in nice:
                  https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GoodnaturedOrnateAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif
                  2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ), Laredo 4.0
                  4.5" Frankenstein Short Arm lift, Rusty ADJ CA's, trussed Waggy 44 Front & 44HD Rear; 35x12.50 Hercules M/T mounted on Micky Thompson Classic Lock II 17x9

Comment

• sjlplat
                    sjlplat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I noticed the Fall Guy truck always sits perfectly level. This is surely the solution!
                Working...
                X