HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP, trying to confirm info for ZJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP, trying to confirm info for ZJ

Before I drive myself even more insane that I already am .

Currie front LCA's.. Will they or will they not fit a ZJ (1st gen GC)?

MOST companies show their LCA's will fit TJ, XJ, ZJ &MJ, but Currie doesn't list ZJ as a fitment for theirs... Just oversight or does anyone know if there is a legit reason why? Heck, even their "XJ version" don't show fitment for ZJ. Everything I've read so far says in the aftermarket world they're all the same (unless I'm missing some giant red flag somewhere?

I've tried calling Currie a couple of times & all I get is a ringing line that no one ever picks up.

Yes, I've had coffee today so I am awake.. Yes, my wife will say that I am THAT retarded.... Now that I've got that out of the way.. Help?!?!

Pretty sure it's an oversight. To my knowledge, the mounts are identical in dimension.
    - 1988 XJ Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.

- 1990 XJ Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!

- 1994 XJ Base 2-door - Where'd the other doors go?

- 1996 XJ Sport - It's red. What else can I say?

- 1997 XJ Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

- 1998 XJ Limited - Cheap and leathery.

Comment

That's where my thought process is too, after posting & doing way more research that a sane person would ever do I did find they list a set of LCA's for the XJ & MJ but show it only fits those models too.. Guessing they're trying to keep from being viewed as a "universal fit" company.. Who knows...

I have read a few obscure posts about ZJ CA's being slightly longer than the others but it should have no bearing in the aftermarket world as I see it; unless Currie limits the thread length/engagement but that just seems like a poor business move in so many ways...

For $200 I may try to snag them just to find out, heck the johnny joints alone are worth $100 of it lol.

Comment

Not sure about the lowers, but I've held a set of Currie uppers next to a set of Rock Krawler uppers, and they are puny in comparison. Just another option that is solid, proven (by many here in the club as well), and 3/4 the price.
        2004 Solar Yellow TJ : *Down with Transmission Leak
        3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

1998 Flame Red XJ Limited:
        SkyJacker 3" front lift springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, and adjustable track bar. Rubicon Express 3.5" rear leaf packs. 265/75/16 BFG A/T on TJ Moab Wheels

Comment

Working...
        X