Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trusted Products and Brands (and ones to avoid)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of this front driveshaft: Spicer Performance Front 1310 Series Driveshaft for 2"- 4" Lift? I know there are a ton of driveshaft manufacturers out there. So, suggestions would be helpful. We all trust our Dana axles so I figured we could trust their driveshafts as well. Thoughts?
    2017 Wrangler JKU Big Bear
    Armor: Smittybilt SRC Gen2 Front Bumper, Barricade Rock Sliders
    Winch: Warn ZEON Platinum 10-S Winch with Spydura Synthetic Rope
    Lift: 2.5" Pro-Comp Lift w/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks
    Lighting: Rough Country 3" Wide Angle OSRAM LED Lights, Rough Country 12-inch Cree LED Light Bar (Dual Row | Black Series w/ DRL)
    CB Radio: Cobra 75 WX ST and Firestik FireFly antenna

Comment

Originally posted by Grauler View Post
      What do you guys think of the Rock Krawler brand in general? More specifically, I was thinking about upgrading to Front and Rear "Rock Krawler Triple Rate 3.5" Coil Springs" with "Rock Krawler High Clearance Front Adjustable Lower Control Lower Arms". Thoughts?
      Love love love my RK control arms. Very happy with the springs as well paired with my Fox 2.0 shocks.
      2004 TJ ex-X Model :
      3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

Comment

Originally posted by CDE View Post

Love love love my RK control arms. Very happy with the springs as well paired with my Fox 2.0 shocks.
        Nice! Great to know CDE! I was going to use my existing Fox shocks as well since the are rated up to 3.5" of lift.
        Lighting: Rough Country 3" Wide Angle OSRAM LED Lights, Rough Country 12-inch Cree LED Light Bar (Dual Row | Black Series w/ DRL)

Comment

Originally posted by Grauler View Post

Nice! Great to know CDE! I was going to use my existing Fox shocks as well since the are rated up to 3.5" of lift.
          ZacT and Oldbaldguyinajk can probably speak more about the control arms, as they have had theirs longer, but they are a night and day difference from the Rough Country junk that was on the Jeep when I got it.
          2004 TJ ex-X Model :
          3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

Comment

Grauler i am a huge believer in Rock Krawler products. I suggest there suspension over any other brand. I beat on mine and the hold up. the triple rate springs need to be paired with the correct shock sense they are very soft. The adjustable arms will give you more suspension mobility and the Rock Krawlers links are solid steal no tube.
            1997 TJ. Mostly Stock with a couple bolt on's!

"My jeep practically drives its self"
            "Just Bump It"

Comment

Originally posted by ZacT View Post
              Grauler i am a huge believer in Rock Krawler products. I suggest there suspension over any other brand. I beat on mine and the hold up. the triple rate springs need to be paired with the correct shock sense they are very soft. The adjustable arms will give you more suspension mobility and the Rock Krawlers links are solid steal no tube.
              Thanks ZacT. Your input is appreciated. I guess we can chalk Rock Krawler up to a trusted brand then.

I will start making the change over as I have opportunity. I will be upgrading my lower control arms and front driveshaft first and this will begin my (painfully) slow migration to an increase in lift and 35" tires.

Comment

Working...
              X