Need Ideas for Phone/GPS Mounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ideas for Phone/GPS Mounts

How many of you use your phone for your primary GPS unit? How do you have it mounted in your Jeep? Post some pics so I can see your setups. Thanks in advance.
    2004 TJ ex-X Model :
    3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	634.7 KB
ID:	7947 I think I posted theses on my thread but this is what I did. It’s a tablet mount but could use a different holder for phone.
    Last edited by ZacT; 04-19-2018, 08:29 AM.
    1997 TJ. Mostly Stock with a couple bolt on's!

"My jeep practically drives its self"
    "Just Bump It"

Comment

• CDE
      CDE commented
      Editing a comment
      ZacT what brand is the mount? Is it attached to the grab bar above the glove box?

I bought a mount off Amazon. clamp holds the phone and many options to mount it. Suction cup to glass or plastic disc with sticky back. Think you can put it on a/c vent as well. it for a while but I'll look for a link.
    98 XJ 4.5" lift on 33s. bumper w/ 10K winch, lights
    locked front and rear
    cowl intake, CB and a lot of skinny pedal

Comment

CDE ot is a base that attaches between bezel and trim from quaratec that excepts a ball mount. The rest is an amazon purchase acron brand I believe. Built a support off grab bar so it is solid

"Just Bump It"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	588.5 KB
ID:	7956

"Just Bump It"

Comment

• CDE
          CDE commented
          Editing a comment
          I really like this. Seems pretty solid. I have not had luck with the suction cup types or even the ones that attach with 3M. Thanks for the pics ZacT

CDE it was a bit weak until I built the support off the grab bar. No bouncing or vibrating at all. I I get a chance I will find the parts I used. It was cheaper then I expected. I tried a few cradles until I found this. The ball is nice for multi mounts. I have one for my phone and one for the tablet depending on what I am doing.

"Just Bump It"

Comment

I use one of these and it is fantastic. I use my phone, but it is strong enough to hold a tablet: APPS2CAR Magnetic Universal CD Player Car Phone Mount. Car Phone Mount Universally Compatible w/ Android + iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus + All In-Car CD Players with Magnetic Phone Car Mount Magnets. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y42RKPF..._2nr2AbV3Y57QK
          2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ), Laredo 4.0
          4.5" Frankenstein Short Arm lift, Rusty ADJ CA's, trussed Waggy 44 Front & 44HD Rear; 35x12.50 Hercules M/T mounted on Micky Thompson Classic Lock II 17x9

Comment

• CDE
            CDE commented
            Editing a comment
            WJ_Guy that looks like a much better magnet mount than the one I have been using. My phone spend most of the Ouachita ride on the floorboard of the Jeep. Thanks for the link.

those pop sockets (stick to back of phone) seem to be everywhere and pretty solid.

Last edited by denverd1; 04-20-2018, 09:22 AM.
          98 XJ 4.5" lift on 33s. bumper w/ 10K winch, lights
          locked front and rear
          cowl intake, CB and a lot of skinny pedal

Comment

I use the Vector full width dash bar and Ram mounts to hold just about everything.

Comment

• CDE
              CDE commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like these, however, Vector has decided that us TJ guys do not deserve their products...

• Shooter235
              Shooter235 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had not realized that. They are missing out on a big part of the market.

• CDE
              CDE commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea it's unfortunate because I really like the concept.

Steelie dash mount kit. It is easy to install/remove and doesn't jiggle over bumps.

Comment

Working...
            X