Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizen Band ( CB) or General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen Band ( CB) or General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS)

I'm needing to replace my cb. So I'd like to get a feel for how many people who regularly go on club jeep trips are using gmrs.

Decided to go ahead and get a GMRS license. FCC approved my application in less than 24hrs. Looks like my $25 Baofeng UV5R can transmit and receive most of the GMRS frequencies. Looking forward to that FM clarity.

Comment

Just sent in my application. I see how quick they approve. I have a Baofeng BF-F8HP.
      2016 Wrangler 2 Door Willys
      Current Mods: Daystar Hood Wranglers, Cobra 29 LTD, ARB Stubby Front Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, MetalCloak 2.5" Dual Rate Springs w/1in Spacers, Rock Krawler Adjustable Control Arms & Bumpstops, Currie AntiRock Front, Synergy Front & Rear Trackbar, Rock Hard Crossmember and Oil/Trans Skid, Teraflex tire carrier, 17x8 4"BS Steel Wheel 295/70/17 General Grabber X3, 4.56 gears, sleeve and gusset front axle.

Comment

Just paid for my application. Now to buy a radio.
        The ANIMAL Build Thread

2012 JKUR 6 spd Manual; 5.13 gears; 4:1, CRUSH

Pro Comp 17x9 wheels, 37" NITTO Trail Grapplers, EVO Enforcer 4" Lift, 2.5 Spec. King Shocks/Compression Adjusters, 5.13 Gears, RR Aluminum Billet Hood Latches, Truck-Lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually LEDs, Cobra 75 CB, Wild Boar Roof Rack, Tom Woods 1310 Front Drive shaft

Comment

• RoRo72
          RoRo72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get your license today?

My license was granted today.
        Current Mods: Daystar Hood Wranglers, Cobra 29 LTD, ARB Stubby Front Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, MetalCloak 2.5" Dual Rate Springs w/1in Spacers, Rock Krawler Adjustable Control Arms & Bumpstops, Currie AntiRock Front, Synergy Front & Rear Trackbar, Rock Hard Crossmember and Oil/Trans Skid, Teraflex tire carrier, 17x8 4"BS Steel Wheel 295/70/17 General Grabber X3, 4.56 gears, sleeve and gusset front axle.

Comment

Joined the GMRS group. License done. BF=F8HP
          2017 JKU Rubicon, 2.5" Lift, Fox 2.0 shocks, 10K Winch, 35" Milestar Patagonia MT, Poison Spyder Differential Cover, HD Tire carrier, Rock Crawler front Bumper, SPOD, Led Lights, DV8 Rock Sliders.....to be continued.

Comment

GMRS in the club is growing.

Comment

Hand held got about 2.5 miles. May have been better with a mag mount antenna on top of the car. It was clearer than CBs setting in eye sight on flat level ground. Glad I got my license.

Comment

Where did you guys get your license? (Websight?) And what radios ar ya'll running?

Comment

One advantage of handheld radios for off-roaders, is that Spotters can communicate directly into the cab of Drivers to direct them though obstacles.

Comment

Made my first repeater contact today. Now to learn the repeater setup on the radio to use more repeaters. We don't have any close to Kilgore/Longview area. Trying to learn more each time I am out.

Comment

Found out that from my office I can get in the Longview and Tyler repeaters. Joy of being on the 5th floor.

Comment

Working...
                    X