Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front track bar bracket deflection

Hey all,

I recently welded on a Synergy raised front track bar bracket on my D30 front axle... Unfortunately I did it the poor man's route and didn't drop my axle prior to welding it on, so the track bar bracket keeps separating at the tow point on the welds of the bracket. The bracket is still holding on the bottom of the bracket where it's also welded, but I had to hobble the Jeep all the way home from the Great Sand Dunes.

My question is this:

Are there any local locations where an axle drop and weld can be done? Does anyone know anyone who might be able to help me get a quality weld on this mother?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

My welding skills are no good, but I've got the shop and a new 180 amp Lincoln mig welder that you're welcome to use in Laneville. Haven't bought any gas yet, but flux core will hold fine. Just need to re-install the transfer case and scoot the XJ out of the way to make room.
    - 1988 XJ Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.

- 1990 XJ Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!

- 1994 XJ Base 2-door - Where'd the other doors go?

- 1996 XJ Sport - It's red. What else can I say?

- 1997 XJ Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

- 1998 XJ Limited - Cheap and leathery.

Comment

Originally posted by sjlplat View Post
      My welding skills are no good, but I've got the shop and a new 180 amp Lincoln mig welder that you're welcome to use in Laneville. Haven't bought any gas yet, but flux core will hold fine. Just need to re-install the transfer case and scoot the XJ out of the way to make room.
      Great to hear you got your shop up and running sjlplat ! I'll concur about the welding skills on my end, also no good. This gives me something to think about though, maybe another one of our Jeepers would be willing to drop in briefly to weld after it's been dropped

Any takers?

Comment

Zackatack9000 may be able to help you out Kevin.
        2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ), Laredo 4.0
        4.5" Frankenstein Short Arm lift, Rusty ADJ CA's, trussed Waggy 44 Front & 44HD Rear; 315/70:17 Patagonia M/T mounted on Micky Thompson Classic Lock II 17x9

Comment

• Gotcha-Again-LOL
          Gotcha-Again-LOL commented
          Editing a comment
          I concur on Zack Vidal...here is his cell number he owns Elite Fitness in Chandler...903-312-478 three

I pointed a JK guy on our YT channel with the same problem to Brads Transmissions in Tyler....old friend of ours and they race Sprint cars and build a lot of stuff themselves on the side...just tell them Mitch Bernhard referred you and said perhaps Josh or Brad could figure something out for you...903) 839-7081...his son Josh has a auto shop on the same lot and his number is (903) 871-3951

Comment

Working...
        X