No announcement yet.

2004 Jeep LJ 1 Ton Project - Superduty Swap and Full Traction Long Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after the paint dried it was hard to not push through another few minutes to get it rolled under the jeep and stab some bolts and get the coils mounted....then the next day got the brake line hooked up and shocks installed etc. set the jeep down on it own tires for the first time! Really looks perfect and sits just right with the front a little lower than the back.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0346.jpg Views:	0 Size:	559.3 KB ID:	11841Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0339.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	11843Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0347.jpg Views:	0 Size:	557.3 KB ID:	11840Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0344.jpg Views:	0 Size:	702.0 KB ID:	11842

Comment

• WJ_Guy
      WJ_Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's the face of one happy dude!

After another couple weeks went by and I got back in town I picked up the new driveshafts and also built my steering components. I also went ahead and serviced my transmission and finished so I could install the tucked belly pan for the last time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	11846

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0780.JPG Views:	0 Size:	943.7 KB ID:	11847Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E0814.JPG Views:	0 Size:	922.4 KB ID:	11845Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E0734.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	11848

Comment

Comment

Installed a new tire carrier that incorporates a new frame mount and reinforcement for the tailgate. Have had several jeeps with the tire carrier bumpers and they are such a pain daily to swing the tire and then swing open your tailgate...this is one smooth and easy to open setup! Love it! It has a sweet LED third brake light that shines through the wheel mount. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0744.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	4.73 MB
ID:	11880Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	11879Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0746.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	11881Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0749.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	11883
        Attached Files

Comment

Steering built with 1 ton Chevrolet TREs...Driveshafts installed...and Exhaust routed finally! Click image for larger version

Name:	HQLY0378.JPEG
Views:	88
Size:	4.52 MB
ID:	11885Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0991.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	11886Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0817.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	11887

Comment

Time for the first startup and roll out! Clearance test!

Comment

Milestars came in after a while! 38/13.5/R17 could not be happier with the ride and handling...new upper and lower balljoints on the front end now the steering is tight! Stock brake master cylinder works PERFECT no sponge and super strong stopping....easily locks the tires up Click image for larger version

Name:	KRKD3478.JPEG
Views:	84
Size:	5.38 MB
ID:	11893

Click image for larger version  Name:	MDAG9867.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	11890 Milestars came in after a while! 38/13.5/R17 could not be happier with the ride and handling...new upper and lower balljoints on the front end now the steering is tight! Stock brake master cylinder works PERFECT no sponge and super strong stopping....easily locks the tires up

Click image for larger version  Name:	WUZF8283.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	4.94 MB ID:	11892Click image for larger version  Name:	MWVO4871.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.36 MB ID:	11891
              Last edited by NavySeal; 11-14-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Final Walkaround!

Comment

• sjlplat
                  sjlplat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! This came out amazing!

You guys ready to finish stripping down that XJ?

• Gotcha-Again-LOL
                  Gotcha-Again-LOL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes sir! Better come and get! Just dragged it out of the shop today...bumpers still are yours if you want them!

• sjlplat
                  sjlplat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll take em! I can come by and help strip it down if you need a hand. Got a few things to do Saturday morning, but I'm free later on in the day and Sunday all day.

Not sure how I missed this build but wow. Seriously impressive.
                1990 Jeep Yj, 4bt Cummins Turbo Diesel, M5ODR2 5 speed trans, NP205 T-case, Ford 8.8 rear w/ ARB air locker, Waggy D44 front w/ ARB air locker, 35x12.5x15 KM2, Warn winch, 2.5" Rubicon Express lift, DIY highline fenders, TJ Flares, DIY rock sliders and skid plate, ARB dual air compressor.

Comment

• NavySeal
                  NavySeal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! Was a lot of work and really have enjoyed the outcome

NavySeal how do you like that WC supply drive shaft?

Comment

• NavySeal
                  NavySeal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its been great! It was originally built by Tom Woods for the XJ and I had to have it shortened for the LJ and they did a great job!

Comment

Let us know when the next trip to Barnwell is and maybe the WJ can make it.
                  2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ), Laredo 4.0
                  4.5" Frankenstein Short Arm lift, Rusty ADJ CA's, trussed Waggy 44 Front & 44HD Rear; 315/70:17 Patagonia M/T mounted on Micky Thompson Classic Lock II 17x9

Comment

Originally posted by WJ_Guy View Post
                    Let us know when the next trip to Barnwell is and maybe the WJ can make it.
                    Absolutely!

Comment

Having some serious Jeep envy over here. 🤤
                      2004 Solar Yellow TJ :
                      3.5" Rock Krawler Springs, Rock Krawler Adj. Control Arms, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33x12.50R15 MTRs, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE, Adam's CV Rear Driveshaft, G2 4.10 Gears, Dana 30 front with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with G2 Chromoly Shafts & Detroit Locker, Durango 160A Alternator, Rugged Ridge Nautic 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Rope

1998 Flame Red XJ Limited:
                      Stock...for now...

Comment

• NavySeal
                        NavySeal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hahha you are too kind...dude your TJ is a beast and just gets better every year :O

Comment

Working...
                      X