XJ sway bar and brackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ sway bar and brackets

Anyone have a sway bar and mounting brackets laying around they want to sell?

sjlplat may have one
    2004 TJ - "Zom-Bee":
    4" Lift, 4:10 Gears, 33x12.50R15 Tires, Fox 2.0 Shocks, Currie Double Adjustable UCAs, Pro Comp Chromoly Front Trackbar, Steinjager Double Adjustable Rear Trackbar, TeraFlex High Steer System, TeraFlex 2WD Low Range Kit, TeraFlex Extreme Short SYE & 'Adam's' CV Driveshaft, Dana 30 front with Chromoly Shafts & Aussie Locker, Rubicon Dana 44 rear with Chromoly Shafts, Truss & Detroit Locker

Comment

I should have a couple. I've got a '98 wrecked in front, so not sure about condition. Also have a '90 that was running & driving. I'll go out and look em over tomorrow.

Edit: Just went out and got some shots on my phone under the '98. Looks like the swaybar is good at a glance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_184728-min.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	9794

Name:	20181021_184741-min.jpg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	9795

Name:	20181021_184807-min.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	9796
      Last edited by sjlplat; 10-21-2018, 07:17 PM.
      - 1988 XJ Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.

- 1990 XJ Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!

- 1996 XJ Sport - It's red. What else can I say?

- 1997 XJ Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

- 1998 XJ Limited - Cheap and leathery.

Comment

Also found them on Team Cherokee for $33 bucks new, if you prefer that.

http://teamcherokee.com/front-sway-b...-xj-1994-2001/
        - 1988 XJ Base - I don't actually drive it. It just sits in the driveway while I throw parts at it.

- 1990 XJ Laredo - Old and busted, but it'll get the job done!

- 1996 XJ Sport - It's red. What else can I say?

- 1997 XJ Country - My wife wanted something "pretty".

- 1998 XJ Limited - Cheap and leathery.

Comment

Thanks. I guess that new bar is supposed to say 84-01? A new one for $32 is dirt cheap that may be the way to go. I still have to see if I can drill through the plating they did for the steering box to get a sway bar back on it.

Comment

• sjlplat
            sjlplat commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, there were 2 swaybars for XJs. Both were identical in shape, but the newer ones were larger diameter. The only differemce in mounting was the bushings.

You're welcome to either of the ones I have. They're both functional, just used. The '90 is the small diameter, and the '98 is the large diameter.

• joedaddy
            joedaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I see that info now on the sway page it would help if I would read lol
        Working...
        X